[Rhodes22-list] Mainsail Behind Mast Furling

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Thu May 17 23:16:55 EDT 2007

Brad, I've been looking at the CDI main furler since
it came out, and may get one for a Potter I own.
Looks very promising.

One possible point of failure is the outhaul track.
It will have to be attached to most of the length of
the boom.  I would also want a substantial take-up
line on the furler reel.

Additional mast head weight and wind cross section
appear to be minimal.  Certainly not a racer's
choice, but could be a cruiser's dream.

I'm following this thread with great interest.

/Robert