[Rhodes22-list] Pandion's traveler rebuild

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Mon May 21 15:05:10 EDT 2007

At 02:50 PM 5/21/2007 -0400, you wrote:

>Good job. Only one thought, does the height of the traveler bar interfere
>with your access to the motor?

It did before.  Because it was at the same height as the stern rail,
I couldn't get to the motor without both the traveler and stern rail
being between me and the motor.  So, I had to squeeze under the
traveler and pop up the other side between the traveler and stern
rail.  Then I had good access to the motor, plus several out of place
vertebra ;-)

Now that it's higher, I can duck under it easily to reach the motor.

Oh yeah.... one other nice thing has been that the tiller can be
fastened up and out of the way on the traveler when
stationary.  Makes the cockpit much more people-friendly.

Cheers!

John Lock