[Rhodes22-list] Rummy is right, but I may still need a 110

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Fri May 25 08:01:07 EDT 2007

David,
Congratulations. It takes a wise person to admit their lack of experience
might be the problem. None of us have the same conditions for sailing. Ocean
winds are usually very steady and predictable. The same holds true for great
lakes sailors. Inland lake sailors sometimes have steady winds, but for the most
 part, our conditions change by the minute, hour or by which part of the lake
we  are sailing on.
I personally am a lazy sailor. I don't like fidgeting with equipment all  the
time, so the CDI furler wouldn't do me much good. Having another sail
onboard is just something else to store, maintain and have underfoot.
Continue with what you are doing. You will find the balance in your boat  and
sharpen your skills at the same time. If you happen to break something along
the way, keep on smiling and chalk it up as another wonderful learning
experience.

Rummy