[Rhodes22-list] cockpit table post holder

DCLewis1 at aol.com DCLewis1 at aol.com
Sun May 27 17:01:06 EDT 2007

Mike,

Thank you for that info, it's filed for when I need it but it may not
address my immediate problems.  My problems are:
- Find a water proof cap for the table base well to prevent the well's
rusting out.  If I can do that, I won't need to replace it.  I'm  looking for a
well made commercial cap that will keep water out of the post  holder well.  I'll
check the Dyer line to see if it includes a waterproof  cap, but I'm looking
for a cap to the table base not a table base.
- Figure our how to re-seal the table base to the cockpit floor.  I  think
the table base is OK, but I think water may be getting past the table  base
bedding and leaking in.  That is, I hose down the fitting and I find a  little
water in the lazz.  My initial reaction was to take the bolts out,  pry up the
table base, and rebed it - but like Bruce, I found it won't come  up. I'll be
very interested to find out how he does what he wants to  do.

Thanks again for the info, and I'll try to find out whether the Dyer line
includes a waterproof cap.

Dave