[Rhodes22-list] Bruce's Rotten Bottom continued ...

bgreenwald at optonline.net bgreenwald at optonline.net
Sun May 27 17:24:58 EDT 2007

Dave,
I am still waiting for the can of debond that I ordered to arrive before any further efort in removing the base.

You are correct - the problem is with the table base - I don't know if it was rust but it has completely disintegrated - of course, that may welll have led to some rotted foam but I choose not to think about that) I started using a circular rubber sink drain cover to lay over the hole with a weight o top of it.  I am not really sure how good a seal it forms and, once I am able to install the new base I plan to explore further.  This can't be that complicated to solve (my list of "uncomplicated things to solve" that have no solution yet has grown mightily since I became a boat owner.

Bruce