[Rhodes22-list] Sail Inventory

TN Rhodey tnrhodey at gmail.com
Tue May 29 14:04:57 EDT 2007

David,

I was a little lucky when i found my boat. It was an 84 and needed a little
TLC but it had a brand new IMF main and brand new 125. The original IMF and
155 were pretty ragged, Both new sails were from Quantum and are very well
made. I bet you could contact Quantum for measurements and pricing. Quantum
is not cheap so you could probably do much better on price.. They do make a
nice sail. If  I am out on the boat (and it is not 90) degrees I will take
some measurements. Also I am not saying to give up on the 175......if my
boat came with a 175 I would most likely fly it untill blown out. I do know
I would replace with 155.... for my conditions it works best.

My boat came with a Harken Furler that allows easy sail changes. It also
alows for tensioning of the halyard. If desired you could fly two headsails
like Peter discussed. I have only done this once and it was pretty
interesting but I am usually solo so this is not the norm.

As you mentioned pay attention to your local conditions for a while....ift
may turn out the big sail is the way to go....or not.

Wally