[Rhodes22-list] Laz leakage another reply to Rory

Rory Orkin roryorkin at earthlink.net
Tue May 29 19:17:59 EDT 2007

Not presumptuous at all but yes I did exactly that. There is only about a 1
inch lip in the lazarette. The hatch does overlap that but there is at least
a 1/2" gap there which of course will allow water in if the water build up
is greater than the aprox 1 inch molded in lip at the lazarette. This is why
I was exploring some kind of weather stripping .. I am hoping that perhaps
leveling the boat or perhaps a slight bit of forward angle will stop the
flooding around the lazarette cover.. Since this does not seem to be a
widespread problem then hopefully that will be the answer. Since Rummy says
his is a little bow heavy and leans that way normally then that could be the
answer. Of course we have not had rain here for 2-1/2
weeks the problem has not been a problem lately :-) Thanks for the reply.
                                             Rory