[Rhodes22-list] Laz leakage and lids

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Thu May 31 12:13:32 EDT 2007

At 11:27 AM 5/31/2007 -0400, R22RumRunner at aol.com wrote:
>The lazzerette lid on your boat is a used lid that I bought from GB and  gave
>to Rodger when he rebuild your boat. The original hinges did not come with
>it and he never tried getting a set from GB. I'm sure a quick e-mail
>or phone
>call will get you the hinges from Stan, for a nominal fee. It would be worth
>the  effort.

That's on the list ;-)

Also FYI - I'm coming around to your line of thinking on the water in
the bilge.  We haven't had a good rain here in over a month and the
bilge has gradually started drying out.  Even after a sail in rough
water there wasn't any accumulation in the bilge.  So now I'm
thinking it comes in from topside somewhere and works its way down
(as you suggested).  I know of at least one port that was leaking
badly and I've sealed that.  Haven't done a hose check on all of them
yet.  Also, I noticed the forepeak was damp after a good washdown the
other day.  The main deck cleat may be leaking.  It gets a pounding
from wave action, especially with weekend boat traffic.  Might need
to rebed and tighten that.

If it ain't one damn thing it's another...

Cheers!

John Lock