[Rhodes22-list] outboard shaft length

Alan Robertson bigal_61 at msn.com
Thu Nov 1 22:43:41 EDT 2007

Joe,
I have one (a '96 EL model and it's about 6-8 inches longer than regular shaft. What you should get depends on height of motor mount when "down" and general wave action where you'd be motoring. if in 3' waves and up, with a long shaft you won't cavitate very much. Motor may exhaust surface smoke more initially until exhaust pressure pushes water out of underwater exhaust pipe.
bigal_61 at msn.com<mailto:bigal_61 at msn.com>