[Rhodes22-list] Sail Plan Changes

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 08:55:18 EDT 2007

PT,

About once a month I find myself price checking Alerion 28's on
Yachtworld.com, and yup, they're still expensive. They have got to be the
sexiest and most graceful looking sail boats built.  The single biggest
drawback for me is that they draw over four feet, nearly as much as mine.
My home sailing waters would double in size at three feet draft or less.  If
I could figure out how to install a Hoyt Jib Boom on the S2 I would.  I'm
thinking more along the lines of "Jed Clampet" engineering - cheap but
effective.

Brad