[Rhodes22-list] David J. Disick a reply on Winter storage questions

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Mon Nov 5 07:50:29 EST 2007

David:

You have several owners of Rhodes 22's nearby.  Get more than one opinion
because each owner has developed unique remedies to this issue.

Also, this forum has a history.  Past discussions and responses to your
question can be researched in the archives.  For an illustration on how to
do that see:

http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/2006-June/031510.html

One comment I would make is after the mast is down and resting on top of the
boat, is measure the distance between the mast and the mast base on the
cabin top.  Cut a piece of 4x4 to that length.  Drill a hole in correct
place for mast bolt to fit thru base and 4x4 in upright position and support
your mast in the middle with the positioned 4x4.  That will help keep mast
straight.  That support can also be used during transport when you get a
trailer.  Pictures can be found in the archives, this is not my idea.

Also check http://www.frappr.com/rhodes22 for any Rhodies nearby for you to
induce to help with the project or lend local comments.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
addendum:  "Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political
prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports.... And let us
with caution indulge the supposition that morality can be maintained without
religion." - George Washington