[Rhodes22-list] Baptizing A Drunk (Humor)

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Mon Nov 5 15:15:31 EST 2007

Baptizing A  Drunk

A man is stumbling  through the woods totally drunk when he comes upon a
preacher baptizing people  in the river.  The drunk walks into the water and
subsequently bumps into  the preacher. The preacher turns around and is almost
overcome by the smell of  booze. Whereupon he asks the drunk, 'Are  you ready to
find Jesus?'

'Yes  I am' replies the drunk, so the preacher  grabs him and dunks him in
the river.  He pulls him up and asks the  drunk, 'Brother  have you found Jesus?'

The  drunk replies, 'No,  I haven't.'    The preacher, shocked at the answer,
dunks him into the water again, but for a  bit longer this time.  He pulls
him out of the water and asks again, 'Have  you  found Jesus, my  brother?'

The  drunk again answers, 'No,  I have not found Jesus.'
By  this time the preacher is at his wits end so he dunks the drunk in the
water again, but this time he holds him down for about 30 seconds.

When the drunk begins kicking his arms and legs, the preacher pulls  him up.
The preacher asks the drunk again, 'For  the love of God, have you found
Jesus?'

The  drunk wipes his eyes and catches his breath and says to the preacher,
are you sure  this is where he fell in?