[Rhodes22-list] Greek Sailing 1st part

Peter Thorn pthorn at nc.rr.com
Sun Nov 11 09:34:58 EST 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: rhodes22-list-bounces at rhodes22.org
[mailto:rhodes22-list-bounces at rhodes22.org] On Behalf Of Geankoplis
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2007 9:24 PM
To: 'The Rhodes 22 mail list'
Subject: [Rhodes22-list] Greek Sailing 1st part

Sorry I screwed up and Sent the later part 1st

Well, here is a bit of a yarn perhaps titled "What I did on my summer
vacation".  It doesn't involve a Rhodes (I wish it did) but it is sailing on
a small 22 foot boat.  Briefly, the boat belonged to my son who had bought
it several years ago when he was 17 and sailed it around the Mediterranean
leaving it laid up over the winter at various places.  For the past 3 years
he wasn't able to use it and it was fast approaching the use it or loose it
phase.  So, I volunteered myself and my 14 year old nephew to go over and
get it back on the water.  The plan was for Mick, my nephew, to spend a week
fixing it up and a couple of weeks sailing from northwestern Greece over to
southern Italy and up the east coast hundred miles or so.  Mick would go
home and my wife would join me for another 3 weeks as we moved the boat up
the coast and over to Croatia where a friend of my son's would take over the
boat.  The best laid plans of Mick and Men...Well, anyway, here in several
installments, is the mostly true adventure.

Chris Geankoplis

Medford, OR

SV Enosis

http://www.eset.com