[Rhodes22-list] Sealant Question

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 08:33:51 EST 2007

Rummy & Ed,

I'm trying to figure out the difference between Permatex RTV Blue and
Ultra-Blue.  Ultra-Blue is advertised as 3 times as resistant to 'fluids'
and at about a buck-fifty more, why would anyone fool with just Blue? The
fellow I corresponded with used gasoline as a cleaner.  My brother suggested
ether (starting fluid) since it evaporates quickly and in his opinion does a
better job.

Ed,

It would have to be FAA approved baling wire and would probably cost around
$29 a foot.  The legal profession has made certified aircraft incredibly
expensive.  Just last week the vendor for about all the carburetors used on
light aircraft announced they are shutting down new production and selling
off their remaining stock.  Their insurance premiums are costing more than
their sales.

Thanks for the links.

Brad