[Rhodes22-list] Xantrex 1500 Power Option

MichaelT mticse at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 15:04:55 EST 2007

My plans are minimal, at least for now :) Basic stuff: running lights and
VHF. I'm resurectin an unused water pump which has rusted frozen. Am
seriously considering adding a depth/speed meter (Raymarine St-40 Bidata)
and/or a stereo amp (PolyPhase ME50 Amp). I think I have space in the
V-Berth as this where the battery wire connection presently lies. 2nd resort
is the lazarette.

I plan to leave the unit on the boat 95% of the time and take out only in
the winter. I would prefer not having to connect to shore power even though
it is available as my slip includes it. The solar panel is more convenient
for me, no ext cords to deal with. Also not sure what the deciding factor
would be whether I will need a charge controller.

My other option is to just piece it together: AGM+inverter+solar
panel+charger+charge controller?. But I lose on the home emergency idea and
have to wire all together.

Michael