[Rhodes22-list] Shore Power & Stereos

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Tue Nov 13 10:26:06 EST 2007

At 07:40 PM 11/12/2007 -0500, Hank wrote:
>I think AGM and Gel are the same thing. Any other opinions out there?

AGM is different than Gel and requires a different charging
program.  Most of the literature that I've read recently shows that
flooded-cell and AGM can be charged using the same program.  Gel
batteries require a slightly lower charge voltage and take longer to recharge.

Also, Gel batteries are not good for house batteries because they do
not tolerate deep discharge cycles well.  Don Casey's book states "As
a house battery, a gell cell has about 1/4 the life expectancy of a
similar quality deep-cycle battery...".

Cheers!

John Lock