[Rhodes22-list] David, Winter storage with Mast up, some comments

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Fri Nov 16 08:58:01 EST 2007

David:

In the south we are able to sail all year.  And historically that I recall,
most who are in the north tuck their boats in for the winter nap.  Have you
researched the archives?

We have been having a discussion about UV protection, and it might relate to
your question.  You might want some weather protection in addition to the
exposed sacrificial sails exposed.  Consider some additional weather wrap
covering any exposed sails.

Do you have a spinnaker bail and halyard?  If so that could be used to hoist
additional cover that could be wrapped and secured to the mast.

I do not recall the specifics of your boat.  Do you have a standard or Imf?
Do you have a mast hoist system?  Do you have a trailer?  When asking
questions, it helps to refresh the facts of your situation in order to get
the most accurate replies.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
"Leadership does not depend on innate talent only, but very much also on
intensity of conviction and
willingness to serve." ­Walter Gropius