[Rhodes22-list] Question for Mary Lou

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Sun Nov 18 15:27:17 EST 2007

Joe,
The Yamaha was model T8ELH. The first dealer that we went to said
there wouldn't be any available until Dec. He tried to sell us a
couple of engines he did have in stock and misled us a bit about what
we would have to do to put remote controls on that model (said we
would have to buy a Yamaha controller). Fortunately we found another
dealer that had them in stock and they said they thought they could
reuse the Honda controller. They were not particularly familiar with
putting the controlls on  that engine but they took the time to
figure out what they needed to do.

If I have this correctly they had to replace the existing gear shift
handle with one that would accept the cable connection. There is a
bracket that they attached to the motor to align the cables correctly
and hold them in place. The rest of the parts were a couple of bolts,
a washer, a spring pin (don't know what that was for) and a cable
clamp. They were able to reuse our cables and and controller which
saved a fair amount of money. Because our controller didn't have a
start mechanism, the start button is still on the motor. So is the
kill switch but the controller has provision for that and Fred thinks
he can rig that up.

Mary Lou