[Rhodes22-list] Question for Mary Lou

Fred Kaiser fkaiser at atlanticbb.net
Sun Nov 18 17:15:59 EST 2007

Thought I would take a crack at this:  The shift controller is really
easy, the outer cable is held in place by a clip that can be released
by hand.
the inner cable is connected to the shift arm by a clevis type pin
screwed onto the inner cable.  Simply remove the locking pin by
pliers and unhook the pin  from the shift lever.
The throttle cable is a little more involved.  The motor cover is
removed and the outer cable is unclipped by the same method as the
shift cable.  The inner cable goes through a hole drilled in the
casing and connected to the the throttle lever by the same type
clevis pin screwed to the cable.  After removing the locking clip,
the pin needs to be unscrewed from the cable so that the cable can by
pulled back out of the drilled hole.  This can be done by hand, no
tools needed.  You need to remember the number of turns it takes to
unscrew the pin so that it can be screwed back in the same distance
when re installing since this determines the idle speed of the
motor.  I marked the number of turns on the inside of the cover since
Spring is a long time away.  It really takes no more time than
describing it here.  It's easy to see how its done when the cable are
in hand. No pictures available till spring as the cables are on the
boat and the motor in our shed.

Hope this is clear.

Fred Kaiser
Fretless,  91Rhodes 22