[Rhodes22-list] Brad, Michael T, a reply and a question...

MichaelT mticse at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 21:14:40 EST 2007

Thanks for the suggestion Ed. Catalog on its way from Sail Warehouse. No
decision has been made wrt sails. I did get a chance to talk to North Sails
who has a loft just 20 min from me. Great guys. Very service oriented. Yes
they did confirm affiliation w/ Cruising Direct but somehow played them down
and referred to them as the mail order house segment for North Sails.
Basically, you get what you pay for. The distinction from NS: their sails
apparently have more panels than CD and they will design in the UV
protection. Price diff: NS is approx $1500 CD about $800-900. Same
materials-4800 Series which has a 5 oz weight. Either way, I intend to send
the old sail and help guarantee fit.

Btw, I finally did get a quote from Stan $1995 for both Main/Jib made by
Doyle.

Best,
Michael
Silverside 87'