[Rhodes22-list] Southern draught

John Tonjes r22rumrunner at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 11:21:40 EST 2007

I'm sure many of you know that the southeast is experiencing a draught
that has been going on now for two years. Attached are two pictures
taken in front of my house. This used to be usable lake frontage. I
will either have to move our Rhodes to a different dock or put her on
the trailer until the water levels come back up. Our lake is currently
down twelve feet from full pool. Last week at a meeting with the Army
Corps of Engineers and the National Weather Service, they told a very
grim story. Rainfall is not expected to pick up until next spring. The
corps told lake owners to expect lake levels to drop thirty feet.
Doesn't look like much relief in the near future.

Rummy