[Rhodes22-list] Lake Hartwell, comments thereon...

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 12:14:19 EST 2007

Ed,

This from Al Gore's newspaper (where he 'worked' as a cub reporter).  Not
everyone drinks the Kool-Aid!

Brad

--------------------

*Al Gore is like Jim Jones, and we're drinking his Kool-Aid*
By PHIL VALENTINE

Published: Sunday, 11/18/07

Professor Roger Gottlieb, a leading proponent of religious environmentalism,
spoke at Vanderbilt University this past week. Gottlieb, the author of *A
Greener Faith*, maintains that we are to be caretakers of our planet. I
certainly agree.

I'm a big fan of clean air and clean water. But this postmodernist
environmental movement Gottlieb finds himself in the middle of bears little
resemblance to its forerunner, the ecology movement of the 1960s. Back then,
Captain Kangaroo simply told us to never throw trash out the window.
Soot-belching factories and straight-pipe waste into rivers were put under
the microscope. The government ultimately responded with the EPA, formed in
1970 and tasked with cleaning up the land, air and water that had been
abused for so long.

Now, schoolchildren scold their parents because they haven't traded in their
incandescent lightbulbs for the depressing yellow light of compact
fluorescent bulbs. Environmentalism, which used to simply include anyone
concerned about pollution, somehow morphed into radical environmentalism.
Gottlieb and others have taken up the banner of global warming under the
guise of religious responsibility. Radical environmentalism has become a
religion in and of itself. Its heaven is a utopia in which we all give up
our modern conveniences and technological advancement for some austere,
Amish-type lifestyle.

Al Gore, the Jim Jones of this new religious cult, preaches doom and gloom
from his pettifogger pulpit, all the while living the lifestyle of an energy
hog. He actually uses twice the amount of electricity in one month at his
Nashville home than the average household uses in an entire year. He has two
homes in Tennessee, one in Virginia, at least. He flies all over the world
on his Magical Hysteria Tour, sucking down resources and belching out tons
of carbon, all to tell us we need to conserve. We're trying to make ends
meet just to afford gas in our cars while Al Gore has a carbon footprint the
size of Sasquatch. And no one seems to care.

The Branch Algorians read from the Gospel of Al and never question a word.
The movement's devil is carbon dioxide, an essential component of
photosynthesis and the substance we all exhale with every breath. Understand
this: CO2 is not a pollutant. However, Gore and the radical
environmentalists have been quite successful in convincing people that smog
and CO2 are the same. They are not. CO2 has nothing whatsoever to do with
the smog or haze we see over our cities. There is absolutely no evidence
that CO2 has anything to do with any kind of warming.

The Gore Kool-Aid drinkers will point to "all these scientists" but can't
give you one link between CO2 and any kind of climate change. As the founder
of The Weather Channel, John Coleman, recently put it, global warming is the
greatest scam in history.

When Professor Gottlieb is not writing a guilt-trip treatise on the
environment, he's writing about Marxism and how the Soviets just didn't
quite get it right.

You see, global warming is the perfect template for Marxism because it's the
great equalizer. The wealthier a nation, the more CO2 it produces. To atone
for its sins, it must pay carbon offsets. In other words, the producing
nations pay the non-producing or under-producing nations in cash for the sin
of emitting a harmless gas. It's beautiful.

The global warming movement is a way to not just confiscate money and wealth
from the producers, but because of their guilt, they gladly hand it over. If
Karl Marx were still alive, he'd be beaming with pride.

Published: Sunday, 11/18/07