[Rhodes22-list] 175 Genoa/Whisker Pole

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Wed Nov 28 07:00:33 EST 2007

Rex,
Bob Keller and I both use a whisker pole available from West Marine. I  don't
have a catalog in front of me, but it costs around $100.00, maybe a little
more. I installed the attachment point on the front of the mast, but have never
 used it. I find it more convenient to use the turnbuckles which are easily
accessible from the cockpit. I have marks on the whisker pole telling me where
I  need to extend the pole to from different wind positions. The whisker pole
keeps  the genoa filled and eliminates the incessant and annoying flapping
around.
Experiment and you to will become proficient with it. Practice, practice,
and more practice.

Rummy