[Rhodes22-list] This is cause of America's problems...

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Thu Nov 29 14:43:52 EST 2007

Now Ed, I think you are overstating things in your subject line. She
is entitled to her opinion (just as you are entitled to make fun of
her earnest plea for those "innocent animals of the forest"). I'm
sure a few folks at the Greenville News got a chuckle when they printed it.

I used to have to contend with a woman who made a formal complaint
every 2 years or so about the fact that we (the public library)
carried "Pennsylvania Game News", the official publication of the PA
Game Commission. "Propaganda for blood lust" I believe she called it
in one complaint. Glad I don't have to deal with that anymore.

Down here in MD we keep the news item about hunting seasons on the
refrigerator door so we know what they are shooting at. We note that
the goose season closes for the shorter deer season and then reopens,
probably so the deer hunters in blaze orange don't pick off the goose
hunters in camo. A local marina had to remove their moorings
permanently because they interfered with the duck hunting rights of
the guy that owned the adjacent shoreline. The marina made out ok
because they got a quick permit to extend their docks and added about
30 or 40 slips.

Mary Lou