[Rhodes22-list] This is cause of America's problems...

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Fri Nov 30 07:52:14 EST 2007

This is nothing new. If you want to do an extended Bay cruise and you
have not paid sales tax elsewhere you could avoid the tax by basing
your cruise out of Virginia and visiting MD for less than 90 days.
When we lived in PA we registered the boat in PA and paid the 6%
sales tax. When we started boating more in MD than anywhere else we
switched the registration to MD and didn't have to pay any tax
because we had already paid the piper in PA. All of the MD sales and
vehicle titling taxes are about to go from 5% to 6% by the way. I do
believe MD is right up there with Massachusetts (which used to be
known as Taxachusetts - maybe it still is) in the nickel and dime department.

Mary Lou