[Rhodes22-list] Diane Russell - are you still on list?

DIANE RUSSELL mamaruss5 at verizon.net
Tue Oct 2 19:17:51 EDT 2007

Ed,

That looks like a fantastic trip. I always thought it would be nice to do
the canal before I put my mast up some year.

Yes, I am still here and reading daily. I just never seem to get enough time
to add to the list.

I am quite sad as I took my boat out on Sunday. Have a few family surgeries
coming up soon so couldn't extend the season any longer even though the
weather has been beautiful!

I had the best sail a week ago Monday. The moon was almost full and lit up
the lake on the SE and the sun set to the NE and the sky turned bright red.
My cousin and I stayed out almost an hour after sunset- unheard of for me!
The wind was calm and the water turned into a mirror. Now that was relaxing!

Over Labor Day weekend my sister-in-law, cousin and I all took a trip on the
boat to Port Dalhousie, which is also considered St. Catherines in Ontario,
Canada. The trip was appx. 27 miles and took alot longer than I expected: 8
hours there and 6 hours back with a following lake.

We baked in the sun because the winds were not in our favor either way and
we did end up motoring more than half the time.

It handled very well for the time that the lake had turned against us for
awhile.

All in all we had a wonderful time. All of our friends can't believe 3 women
would attempt such a trip in a small boat, but we showed them!

So for now I'll just keep reading about everyone that is able to still have
their boats in the water and be jealous.  I still need to clean it up and
get some things done on it before the snow flies.(Last year it was 11 days
from now that we had the terrible blizzard!)

Diane