[Rhodes22-list] Eureka said the Greek

Geankoplis napoli68 at charter.net
Sun Oct 7 19:16:40 EDT 2007

Hey lets try it again, I'v got a different PDF software so it seems to work
And I'll also repeat my intro incase someone missed it:

Well, here is a bit of a yarn perhaps titled "What I did on my summer
vacation".  It doesn't involve a Rhodes (I wish it did) but it is sailing on
a small 22 foot boat.  Briefly, the boat belonged to my son who had bought
it several years ago when he was 17 and sailed it around the Mediterranean
leaving it laid up over the winter at various places.  For the past 3 years
he wasn't able to use it and it was fast approaching the use it or loose it
phase.  So, I volunteered myself and my 14 year old nephew to go over and
get it back on the water.  The plan was for Mick, my nephew, to spend a week
fixing it up and then we could spend a couple of weeks sailing from
northwestern Greece over to southern Italy and up the east coast (Puglia) a
hundred miles or so.  Mick would go home and my wife would join me for
another 3 weeks as we moved the boat up the coast and over to Croatia where
a friend of my son's would take over the boat.  The best laid plans of Mick
and Men...Well, anyway, here in several installments, is the mostly true
adventure.

Chris Geankoplis

Medford, OR

SV Enosis