[Rhodes22-list] Rummy, Brad, Slim: More Midwest Turmoil

Steven Alm stevenalm at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 03:06:49 EDT 2007

The whole Midwestern crisis stems from the many warring factions that
hold territory surrounding the "Minne Apple" in the southern region of
Minnesota, known as the Purple Zone.  For anyone to mock the image of
Bud Grant and his only begotten son, Fran Tarkenton would be blaspheme
on the highest order.   The simple-minded Hawkeyes (a.k.a. Children of
the Corn) to the south give us little problem (except in football,
basketball and baseball)  but the burnt-cheese-crusted drunken
hooligans east of the Purple Zone continue to be an annoyance.  Their
attacks are continuous, vicious and often deadly, as seen in last
Sundays battle between the Packers and the Vikings.  Brett Favre
proved once and for all that he's really, really old.  So old that
he's had time to throw more TD passes than anyone.  Big hairy deal!
Payton Manning will reach that benchmark by the time he's 23, four
years from now.

And what can I say?  Badgers, Badgers, we don't need no stinking Badgers!

Minnesota is determined to win the peace (of lutefisk) and restore
progress and civility to the region by way of her shock and awe
campaign.  We're shocked at the score and everybody goes, "Awwwww."
OK, so the Gophers lost to Ohio State last week--look, if nobody
expects you to win, then it's not really a loss, is it?  I'd say more
like, "Mission Accomplished."

Slim