[Rhodes22-list] grinding vs blasting: was Lou and other trailers..

Lou Rosenberg lsr3 at nyu.edu
Thu Oct 11 17:35:44 EDT 2007

John

I know there are some newer methods for blasting off the paint (and
possibly the gelcoat also) however I'm  restrained by my meager funds
and  have found the grinder not that abusive.  One pass with a closed
disc 36 grit takes off the paint (2 coats) and the subsequent pass
takes most of the gelcoat.   For the most part I am on my back using
a large block of wood as a backrest , sitting on my old blue cushions
which were in bad shape when I bought the boat.
  Once my full face mask gets here I am going to be more protected
and should be more productive.  I have roughly 5/8s of the boat left
to do and if November is still warm enough i will coat the hull with
its first layers of epoxy.

thanks
  Lou