[Rhodes22-list] sounder senders

Joe Babb joe.babb at comcast.net
Fri Oct 12 08:16:41 EDT 2007

Hi Jim,
The October 2007 issue of Practical Sailor has an article about Cheaper
Charting.  They don't specifically test Fugawi but indicate that a free
viewer is available from them.  The other one that is free is called
Seaclear II from sping.com/seaclear/
which got their budget buy rating and also a good usage report.
 I'm going to try it out soon as I have some spare time.  My concern
over using these on board is that I don't really want to carry a laptop
on the boat.  I've been casting about for a good, fast (aye there's the
rub) all-in-one computer with touch display that is hardened a bit for
the sea faring life, but haven't run across one yet.
Joe