[Rhodes22-list] RE: Supreme Court Gives Gore’s Nobel to Bush (Political humor)

Sheldon Katz shellykatz at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 16 12:16:49 EDT 2007

     Life is politics and I guess sailing is part of life.

     On a more ethereal note, "God does not deduct from a man's

allotted time, those hours spent sailing".
Cherish yesterday, dream tomorrow & live today!  Next case,Shelly> Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 10:00:26 -0500> From: benonvelvetelvis at theskinnyonbenny.com> To: rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org> Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Supreme Court Gives Gore’s Nobel to Bush (Political humor)> > I agree. It was quite a good history of the list.> > Al (if you're still around) -- I'm not too interested in the Rhodies > political views either, and I'm sure that I'm not the only one. But our > list-mates are good about labeling political posts as such, so if I'm > not in the mood, I don't read them.> > No offense intended to those of you who enjoy the political > discussions. I'll quickly admit that yours tend to be more thought out > and intelligent than those of my non-list friends, whose opinions I have > equally little use for but can't ignore as easily. > > Ben> > > stan wrote:> > Eric,> >> > I break my silence to salute your brilliant piece. And while I am at it, > > move over Rummy and I will join you in dragging Gore into this.> >> > ss> >> > ----- Original Message ----- > > From: "Eric Sandberg" <sanderico1 at gmail.com>> > To: "The Rhodes 22 mail list" <rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org>> > Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2007 9:25 AM> > Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Supreme Court Gives Gore’s Nobel to Bush > > (Political humor)> >> >> > Once upon at time in a land far, far away .......> >> >> > There was an email list called the Rhodes 22 email list. This list was> > sponsored by a company that sells boat related gear and parts, etc. The> > folks that owned Rhodes 22s joined the list and chatted back and forth> > about their boats until one day ...... Somebody brought up a topic and> > it devolved into a political discussion. Soon, the owner of the list> > (the marine parts company) appeared to tell the Rhodes 22 Owners that> > this was a “sailing related only” email list and would we please take> > our political and other off topic discussions else where. This happened> > many times and began to bother some of the R 22 owners, also known as> > Rhodies. Soon they began to discuss ways to remove themselves from the> > tyranny of the list owner and find a place where they could freely speak> > of the topics they desired and yes, posting pictures should be allowed> > too they exclaimed.> >> >> > Lo and behold ..... out of the east rose a savior, a computer guru and> > fellow Rhodes Owner named Michael Meltzer (MJM) who said, fear not, I> > can lead you away from the tyranny of the list owner and into a server> > where you will be free to speak as you wish without persecution. Shortly> > after this, the Rhodes 22 – list was born. Now the Rhodies were able to> > speak freely and even post pictures of their wonderful craft,> >> >> > Life was good, until one day ..... someone, a new comer, posted a wish> > to return to the tyranny and censorship of the former list owner .....> >> >> > The old Rhodies, remembering the persecution of the old days, wisely> > told this inexperienced new member of the topic police that they very> > much enjoyed their newfound freedom and that, he should get used to it,> > or be careful not to let the door hit him in the ass on the way out.> >> >> > And that my young sailor friend, is how the Rhodes list came to be the> > beacon of free speech, wonderful pictorials and intelligent political> > and other off topic conversations it is today.> >> >> >> > __________________________________________________> > Use Rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org, Help? www.rhodes22.org/list> >> >> >> > > > > __________________________________________________> Use Rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org, Help? www.rhodes22.org/list