[Rhodes22-list] I need your advice for reconditioned Rhodes

Paul Krawitz krawitzmail-rhodes22 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 16 14:11:30 EDT 2007

Thanks, Slim. Stan said the new 175 sails now come with rope luff padding.

Thanks, Rummy for the recommendation about a VHS wire.

Ed, Stan pushes for reconditioned hulls. But I'll ask him about Calvin's new hulls. Also, I'm not sure if a new boat that loses value every year qualifies as an heirloom.

Alan, I had the same problem with my 150 Genoa getting stuck in the side shrouds in my 1980 Rhodes. One Rhodie at the Liberty State Park Boat Show in New Jersey last month thought a 135 would be plenty.

Thanks, Dave, for your overall advice.

Paul K
Krawitzmail-rhodes22 at yahoo.com