[Rhodes22-list] Political reference for Brad (definitely not for big Al)

john Belanger jhnblngr at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 23 21:41:33 EDT 2007

wrong context brad. they expected more advanced equipment. but, remember, there were big cuts in military spending during clinton years, so no new equipment was purchased and installed. hence there was nothing new on the plane.

Brad Haslett <flybrad at gmail.com> wrote:  Ed,

The guys at Powerline have been following the story closely. Here's another
article on the subject.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10202007/news/nationalnews/hills_cash_eyed_as_chinese_lau.htm

I'm reminded of the joke going around early in 43's administration when the
Navy spy plane landed in China. The Captain violated standing policy by not
ditching at sea but the crew did delay disembarking until they could destroy
sensitive equipment. The story goes that when the Chinese military were
finally able to board the aircraft and began removing spy equipment, one
officer commented, "what is all this shit, we already bought and paid for
this junk from the Clinton administration".

Frankly, what Billary is doing is not that much different than what previous
strong-arm politicos did in the past with Irish, Italian, Jewish, and other
recently immigrated ethnic communities. Ah, the more things change the
more they stay the same.

Brad