[Rhodes22-list] Shore Power & Stereos

Dan Johnson johnsondan at comcast.net
Sat Oct 27 13:37:41 EDT 2007

We are having Stan install the shore power / 110-v outlets on our Rhodes he is recycling for us. Is there anything out there that will permit running the onboard 12-v system items (like the stereo and cabin lights) from the shore power?  I'm assuming there must be a step-down transformer / inverter that will work, but I don't know where to find one, or if they are remotely economical.

One other perhaps ignorant question:  many of the currently available marine stereos are marketed as XM / SIRIUS Ready.  Am I correct in assuming that these tuners will still receive normal AM/FM stations if I choose not to subscribe to SIRIUS or XM?

Dan