[Rhodes22-list] Elle, Thena, Art Aficionados ... the rest of the story

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Mon Oct 29 08:38:04 EDT 2007

All:

If you are interested in Art (and I do not mean Czerwonky), but rather
pictorial graphic works, consider American Art!  Consider contemporary works
by living American artist.  Go at least once in your life to the
Southeastern Wildlife Exposition in Charleston, SC.  This was originally
built around South Carolina Duck Stamp contest, which I used to attend.  The
South Carolina Duck Stamp contest has a history of its own and has been
copied throughout the USA.

This is not a one location event, but a city and area event.  Just think,
you do not have to leave America for a premier art event.  Do you go to
Europe because you were born there?

Some might say that the Federal Duck Stamp started it all, but until South
Carolina made it an art event with big prizes, it did not take off.  As I
said before, once in your life you should attend this event if you like the
outdoors.  It takes more than one day to visit the contest exposition and
the many galleries involved.

I would suspect that the prime room locations are already booked for top
dollar.  However, Charleston can handle a crowd.  Mt. Pleasant is
conveniently located on the east side of Charleston Harbor and has many
motels.  Near the airport and Goose Creek are other motel concentrations, so
reasonable accommodations can be had.

I recall taking my youngest son to the DNR exhibit and as we go in line, the
guy in front of us was the Governor.  See the details here:
http://www.sewe.com/

Quit taking your dollars overseas, visit America!  And you might be
pleasantly surprised.

Now on a more primitive note, see:  www.winyahbar.org

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA