[Rhodes22-list] Batten Slides

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 15:35:05 EDT 2007

Gil,

Thanks for the heads-up on the Sailman 3000 product.  Banbridge also makes
the Allslides but I hadn't seen the product you used.  Do you remember how
expensive they were?  I've been e-maling another S2 9.2C owner who is also a
NeilPryde rep.  He highly recommends the StrongTrack system.  The cost is
about $1000 but the real issue is I'd feel guilty about not de-masting and
repainting before adding hardware.  The Sailman 3000 might just solve the
luff track binding issue and delay the paint project for another season. He
also raised his boom 10 inches so you can stand in the cockpit and not get
your head whacked, something that is attractive to me.  His experience was
that the loss of performance was negligible and the boat actually handled
better.  That project wouldn't be that big a deal. That still leaves the
decision of dutchman, lazy jacks, or stack-pack.  Decisions, decisions.

Brad