[Rhodes22-list] teachers - Chris?

Steven Alm stevenalm at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 16:21:14 EDT 2007

Dave,

Sorry to take so long to get back to you.  No, nothing yet in China.  But
I'm still in close contact with my good friend/musician in Shanghai.  He's
got so many gigs that he's turning down work left and right.  His suggestion
is to simply show up and go around and try to meet people and scare up some
gigs.  That sounds a little scary to me.  I don't want to go half way around
the world without knowing I've got something solid to count on.  My
sing-along approach is not the typical lounge thing.  My buddy over there is
a gifted jazz guitarist who can fit in almost anywhere.  There are a ton of
regular jazz combos.  My thing is more specialized with much narrower
opportunity.  Google "Dueling Pianos" and you'll get an idea of what it's
like.

Slim