[Rhodes22-list] $130.00 for gas & Lake Hartwell Sailing

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Sun Sep 2 21:11:21 EDT 2007

Sunday, Sept 2 was a fantastic sailing day on Lake Hartwell, winds NE at 10,
temps in mid to upper 70's, very few clouds…

For the last few months the lake has been without a conspicuous regular
sailboat.  It now appears to be part of history…  I am sorry Stan.

There is a new hot rod power boat on the lake…  Fact is that it uses a lot
of gas… for a mere 5 mile run… to the tune of about $130.00 can you imagine…
While mere sailboats were having a great day… a stinkpot evidentially was
zooming around the lake…  I was told it is fast…  I should have recognized
the driver as I just coming in as he departed...

Can you imagine, $130.00 gas for a boat?  It is not a Beech aircraft.  Does
it have a V-12 engine?

So much for sailboats, now part of history.  Did I hear of a deal trading a
pick up truck for a formula one car?

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
addendum:  "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least
the equivalent of what he takes out of it."   Albert Einstein