[Rhodes22-list] $130.00 for gas & Lake Hartwell Sailing

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 22:08:08 EDT 2007

Rummy,

Be careful with those "faster than a raped ape"  boats. A few weeks ago I
ran into a guy I had a Miami layover with about fifteen years ago and
reminded him of this story.  A couple of crewmembers who lived in the area
took us out on their Scarab (sp?).  All I remember about the boat was; it
was long, had two humongous outboards, and flew like hell.  We were bar
hopping on the Intercoastal at a gazillion knots, because we could.  I
looked behind us and there was money falling from the sky and landing in the
water.  I screamed at the Captain to turn around and we started scooping
$100 bills out of the water, one about every ten yards.  Some other boaters
saw what was going on and got in on the action.  We collected probably $1500
or so and then none was left.  One of the guys on the boat got a funny look
on his face and started fumbling around his back pocket.  It was HIS money.
You'd have to know the guy to understand why he'd be carrying over $3000
cash in hundred dollar bills, but it indeed was his money we were
"finding".  The boat was going so fast it was sucking the bills out of his
pocket!  Some boating days are more expensive than others.

Brad