[Rhodes22-list] Slims Failure!

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Tue Sep 4 08:27:13 EDT 2007

Slim:

We all got your message!  5 Times!  There was a time when there was a photo
reference site that had all kinds of Rhodes 22 hardware pictures.  However,
that sites owner has turned into a power boater and has terminated that
site.

I think that there are more than one style spreader end cap.  Mine is held
in with cotter pins.  Furthermore, you have to feed the stay thru the end
cap whole.  I do not know if the cap is generically available or one of
Stan’s ingenious middle of the knight fabrications.  I suspect that you can
get a useable replacement locally.

I would take the mast down.  Take the offending critter off.  Maybe even
take pictures.  Then tote it to the local sail maker or West Marine or
Marina’s ship’s store.  You will pay at least twice its retail value at West
Marine.

You might check this picture from bygone days.  Now for historical
reference:
http://www.rhodes22.org/rhodes/pics/sunset.jpg

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
Addendum:
“In the name of those who fell,
But did not allow the fire to die,
Who tempered themselves with flames,
And cannot stay in darkness...
Obtest
earth to earth, ashes to ashes, dust to dust... “