[Rhodes22-list] Reply to Hank about rub rail leak

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Tue Sep 4 11:59:53 EDT 2007

Hank,

I do not accept this as common to all R22's.  I think that Stan uses sealant
on joint and on the screws for Rub Rail.  I could be mistaken.  However, I
have not gotten water in that way.  I would expect that if that were common,
then water would come in from heavy rains.

I guess you will have to take the boat back out of the water and reseal
joints and all screws for rub rail.  Something to do next Saturday...

I would suggest that maybe in boats that are as old as Mike's the seal has
deteriorated?

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
Addendum: “Since the general civilization of mankind, I believe there are
more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and
silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden
usurpation”    James Madison