[Rhodes22-list] Potential real estate investment

KUHN, LELAND LKUHN at cnmc.org
Wed Sep 5 14:43:26 EDT 2007

Warren & Brad,

We have a fly-in community on Kent Island.  I've been told it was the
first in the country.  The homes look like they were built in the early
60s.  I'd say there are about twenty homes along a residential street
with a grass runway in their backyards.  Each home has an attached
hanger that's about twice the size of a two-car garage, including
height.

I don't think it's been a great real estate investment.  Many of the
homes don't have planes which I assume spreads the cost of maintaining
the runway among fewer people.  The attached hangers aren't
architectually pleasing, especially on the one-story ranchers.  The
property sits on the Chesapeake Bay but none of the homes do, and I
think only one has a waterfront view.

I think if you can afford a plane, you'd probably want a nicer
neighborhood.  Anytime you build something unique you limit the number
of buyers.

Lee
1986 Rhodes22  At Ease
Crab Alley (Kent Island, MD)