[Rhodes22-list] It's all in how you say it...

Charles Henthorn rexh at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 5 15:11:34 EDT 2007

     Elle.....before you capitulate to Rummy-----Can one assume the 'truth' of the rating system on Snopes is any more reliable than the original story?  Snopes say they rate truth or falsity upon the 'perponderance of evidence' but is the 'evidence' they use to make that judgment reliable, is it evidence you'd rely on,  and when, and what point, do they determine that evidence is probably more true than false.   For example, I've noticed there's one smile that Hillary gets on her face from time to time --- kinda looks to me like there might be some horse thief genes in there somewhere---besides, she's a politician!  Isn't there some horse thief genes in all of them?

elle <watermusic38 at yahoo.com> wrote:  O, Rummed One ;^(,

Sorry ;^( ...next time I'll put 'joke' in the subject line...

Like Thena, I immediately took it as a joke & not truth...and thought everyone would do likewise.

If I were still teaching, this would have definitely made the day's lesson plan...what great fun could be had with this..! Terrific writing & language exercise!

I've got something better in the wings...just can't figure how to get it to display on the list.....may have to do some practice sends....

elle

R22RumRunner at aol.com wrote: Sorry Elle, but this just a slightly different twist on an old urban legend
that simply is not true. Of all the people on the list, I would think a
teacher would look up the credibility of an article before posting it to the list.
:)

_http://www.snopes.com/politics/clintons/thief.asp_
(http://www.snopes.com/politics/clintons/thief.asp)

Rummy

1992 Rhodes 22 Recyc '06 "WaterMusic" (Lady in Red)

Building a website is a piece of cake.