[Rhodes22-list] Question.

elle watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 5 15:56:28 EDT 2007

Whoa, Whoa, Rummy.

 I didn't say I'd use it verbatim. I'd probably make it about SpongeBob or Capt. Underpants.. It is a good language exercise in slanting...a very important reading and thinking skill. The core material would have to be changed depending on whether it were my 4th graders, 9th graders or 12th graders.

 Unfurl your jib a bit...;^)

 elle

R22RumRunner at aol.com wrote: Now, as a teacher, how would this story be used as a teaching tool? Whether
you realize it or not, this is not a story that shows Hillary in a
complimentary  manner. Teachers should be very careful when dealing with young
impressionable  minds. Personally, if I were a parent and found a teacher using this as
a  "funny" teaching tool, I would go ballistic. As a teacher you would have no
 business presenting this to a class of young children. Keep your political
agenda to yourself.

Rummy