[Rhodes22-list] Experimenting with loose-footed main

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Sat Sep 8 14:54:40 EDT 2007

I've been thinking of experimenting with a loose-footed main and
thought it might be as simple as un-threading the bolt rope from the
boom and flying it that way.  Course I couldn't expect the best shape
with the rope still in place, but I could play with the outhaul more
to see what differences that would make.  Probably have to replace
the outhaul gear with something sturdier... anybody tried this on a
non-IMF rig?

Cheers!

John Lock