[Rhodes22-list] Robert's new car

elle watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 8 23:20:36 EDT 2007

Robert,

 You forgot:
 •  flares and survival suit
 • stove & fuel for melting snow
 • change of address card (just for several months until the snow pack melts....)

 ;^)

 elle

Robert Skinner <robert at squirrelhaven.com> wrote: In the Spring, I'll be looking for a new car for commuting
and long trips.  The 140K mile 15 MPG '97 Explorer will be
put out to pasture, other than for snow driving and
hauling/launching boats, utility trailer, etc.

Current candidates are Toyota Matrix, Ford Focus, Pontiac
Vibe, and Mazda 3 5-door.  The Mazda seems to have the
most polished package so far.

Comments and suggestions will be welcomed and mulled over
during Maine's cold spell...

Thank you,
/Robert

Requirements:
 Interior room for:
  4 adults or 2 adults and 2 labs
  2 big suitcases
  box for jumper cables, tow strap, blanket,
                    paper towels, 100' of 3/8" rope
  tool box
 30+ MPG
 5-door configuration - hatch back
 Automatic transmission
 Electric windows and locks, keyless entry
 Air conditioner
 Active anti-theft
 ABS
 Cruise control