[Rhodes22-list] Experimenting with loose-footed main

Hank hnw555 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 12:02:45 EDT 2007

John,

Turning may not help too much.  I would think that a turn on the boom would
wrap the ends, but since the majority of the sail is no longer attached, it
would just pull out and the reef wouldn't really work. Having the foot
attached to the boom is what makes the entire sail roll up around the boom.

Hank