[Rhodes22-list] Robert's new car

cjlowe cjlowe at bright.net
Sun Sep 9 19:17:59 EDT 2007

I've  given up on buying new cars,as the prices approach the cost of my
house (in 1974).Last year we got a '02 Avalon Toyota with 50,000 miles,saved
$17,000 from the price of a new one.Got all the bells and whistles,a great
ride,and no trouble so far.In '04 we got a '03 Four-runner,with 13,000
miles,only saved $8,000 on it,but it's been a good ride (and tow vehicle)
for us.With all the lease trade-ins out there,the are alot of good used cars
out there,might consider looking at them.Toyotas fetch a premium price,but
judging from the 3 I've had,they are well worth it.

Jerry Lowe