[Rhodes22-list] Potty question

Joe Babb joe.babb at comcast.net
Mon Sep 10 13:12:16 EDT 2007

Hello All,
Sharon and I are looking forward to getting a recycled Rhodes next
spring.  We've indicated to Stan that we'd like to have the marine head
and holding tank and macerator.  Our only experience with potties on
boats is with our portable potty on our 16 foot open fishing boat.  It
is really a plastic bucket with a toilet-like seat on it, enclosed in
another plastic container.  We can usually find a secluded cove or else
use a privacy curtain hung from our bimini top when we need to use the
potty.  The first person to use it is the lucky one.  The second person
is greeted by a wet seat from condensation and also by the sight and
smell from earlier use.
Most of our sailing will be on area lakes in East Tennessee.  But at
least once and maybe twice a year we'll be able to do some coastal
cruising for a week at a time.
Could some of you share your opinions on pros and cons of portable
potties versus marine heads?
Thanks and Best Regards,
Joe Babb