[Rhodes22-list] Potty question

Hank hnw555 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 20:21:02 EDT 2007

Bob,

I'm pretty sure that it is illegal to dump your waste, even if it is
macerated, in any inland lake or within 3 miles of the coast.  The y-valve
is only for use outside of the 3 mile limit.  If you get caught it is quite
expensive.  If you want to dump your waste then you need a type 1 or 2
Marine Sanitation Device (MSD).  The most common one for boats our size is
the Lectrasan.

See
http://www.boatus.org/onlinecourse/ReviewPages/BoatUSF/PDF_files/info4c.pdffor
more infomation.